Saturday, March 9, 2013

So since this hasn't been working with everyone I thought we'd take it a new direction.

Here's the thing, we all want to/need to lose some pounds and I think/hope for the most part that most of us want to be healthier too. So how about we use this to share ideas of what works for you, post tips on ways to cut some calories, your favorite recipes for a meal, a snack, a drink, WHATEVER!!

One thing I've been doing to help Steve & I get more fresh fruit in our diets is a make a melange of assorted seasonal fruits (my favorites right now are fresh pineapple, strawberries, grapes & clementines) that I mix together and divide into single serving size portions; not only does this control how much we eat at one sitting but it also helps hold the fresh fruit longer, like 7-10 days even without going bad or getting mushy. Give it a whirl.

Please feel free to share this site with friends and family. If they want to post and can't let me know, I'll try and figure out how to allow them.

Love to all - J

6 comments:

  1. This week at Weght Watchers is to plan ahead to your next meal. Try to know what you are eating at your next meal, snack etc. weekends are harder for me as they are less structured then my work week. I always pack my lunch and have a salad at lunch as for me it's an easy way to get a bulk serving of vegetables (b/c I still don't like to eat my greens).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Dana; for the most part we plan most our meals, my problem is Skippy & his pm snacking, I cave in some but still stay mostly w/i my calories (with my added workout calories of course : ( ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard planning when you live with a picky eater, I would do more salads at lunch but I have to say that the dressings in jail suck! Trying to watch when, what, how much and when.... Trying not to eat after six.

      Delete
  3. When im working during the day I like to have a baggie of nuts/grapes/cheese/pretzels or something for me to snack on so i don't feel like i need to stop at a fast food place! :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya Heidi & agree, no sense starving, it ends badly. I try to portion out my snacks to avoid over consuming & I know exactly how many calories I can & did eat.
    I'm loving using the program Runkeeper, you can also input manually & can do it online if you don't have a smartphone.
    I'm still counting on my fitness pal but will take 1 day a week as our cheat day, ya I'd do better weight loss w/o cheating but i need my sanity too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to wish everyone the best of luck for 2014 and try to let you all know we can do this and do better from last year! I want to also say this, this is about losing and maintaining the loss, it is not meant to be 'Win at all cost' contest. We need to be encouraging, helpful and sharing of our successes and failures. We need to remember also that you might lose excess early and then comes the holidays and all those goodies and bam! back comes some weight. Ok, first off we're all in that same boat but this is the point, work at resisting, work at burning it off, work at being HEALTHY! We have 1 life, 1 body and we're not getting any younger. Good luck to all of us.

    ReplyDelete